Over the weekend, I made my Amazon Wish List. I started creating these for all my family members years ago when a few of our relatives from out of state requested a list of things we might like to find under the tree on Christmas morning. Obviously, I would rather see all my relatives under the tree on Christmas morning instead, but since that is not always feasible, I’ve given in and started making these lists each year.
Truth is, I don’t really need anything. But since I still get asked every year, I create an amazon wish list. Makes it super easy for all out of town family members to shop online have have the gifts shipped right to our doorstep with just a click!
Some of the things on my list are dream items. I’ll add them to be funny or because my husband also uses the list to buy from occasionally. One year I even put a case of toilet paper on the list to make my family laugh and much to my surprise my Mother in Law bought it. It was hilarious and one of my all time favorite gifts. Because really, who wouldn’t love a case of toilet paper?
If you’ve never made an Amazon wish list, it’s super easy!
How to Create an Amazon Wish List:
1. Hover over Wish List at the top of any Amazon.com page and select Create a Wish List from the drop-down.
Note: If you’re creating multiple Wish Lists, go to an existing Wish List and click Create another Wish List under your profile name.
2. Click Create your Wish List. Your Wish List will be available and you can change its name by hovering over the list name and clicking the Edit list name link.
3. Select Edit list profile from the List Actions filter at the top of your list to update your default shipping address, birthday, personal description and preferences.
Note: The shipping address you select will remain confidential. Gift givers will only see the name, city and state.
4. Click Save and browse for an item.
5. Click Add to Wish List under the Buy box on the right-hand side of any item’s product detail page.
You can repeat this process to create multiple Wish Lists; there’s no limit. Your default Wish List is the one that items are added to when you click Add to Wish List. For more information on moving items between lists, go to Edit Items in Your Wish List. To learn more about how to create an Amazon Wish List, head HERE.
Now for the BEST part about Amazon Wish Lists: You can add items from other websites, even if they aren’t available from Amazon! How fun is that?!
How to Add Items to Your Wish List from Other Websites 3 Different Ways:
To get the Universal Wish List button:
1. Go to Get the Universal Wish List Button.
2. Click the button image and drag it to your browser’s tool bar.
3. Click the Add to Wish List button in your tool bar when you see something you want on another website.
To get the Add to Amazon Wish List Add-on:
1. Go to Wish from Any Website.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Click the Wish List browser button and then Add to Wish List when you see something you want on another website.
Note: The button animates with a blue plus symbol whenever you land on a product page as a reminder of this functionality.
To get the Amazon Browser Bar:
1. Go to Amazon Browser Apps.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: Friends & family browsing your Wish List will see non-Amazon items listed with a Shop this store button. If they click that button, they’ll be taken to the store where the item is listed, and the transaction will take place outside of Amazon.com.
So there you have it. Your step-by-step guide to creating your very own Christmas Wish List (or Birthday Wish List or Valentine’s Day Wish List or Just Because Wish List). Well, you get the point!
Hope you get everything you ask for and more!
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month.