Tonight I’m cooking salmon for dinner. Salmon is not exactly the type of meal I can prepare ahead of time and photograph. So instead of posting what I made for dinner, I’ll show you what I made for dessert instead. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches. Who says you can only eat ice cream sandwiches during the long hot days of summer? Not me.
Simply whip up a batch of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
Pair up your cookies.
Scoop 3 tablespoons of softened homemade vanilla bean ice cream between 2 cookies. Place stuffed cookies into the freezer to chill for at least an hour to firm up. Enjoy!
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop drop by rounded tablespoons onto a silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 24 cookies.