You know how it’s great to know an accountant during tax time, a personal trainer when you’re trying to lose weight or a stockbroker when you’re looking to invest? Having an expert at your fingers tips to give you insider tips is awesome. And I’m here for you. Not as a gardening expert today, but rather an Amazon expert.
I feel that the sheer number of purchases I make on Amazon each year totally qualifies me as an expert. So I’m here today to share one of my very favorite Amazon expert tips: Amazon price adjustments.
Have you ever bought something on Amazon only to see the very same item drop in price the next day? It’s so frustrating knowing if you would have held out to buy it, you could have saved some cold hard cash. Well Amazon is so awesome, they’ll refund you the price difference if you ask. No, seriously.
Now before I let you in on this rarely known secret, there are a few things you should know.
1. This is not a formal Amazon policy, so your experience might be different than mine.
2. I’ve personally done this multiple times and it’s worked.
3. I’ve only ever tried it with items shipped from Amazon, so it might not work when you make purchases from an outside seller.
4. I’ve only ever received a price adjustment in the 1st week after buying, so I’m not sure how long they will honor it.
5. It doesn’t hurt to ask.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the Amazon homepage and click on the “help” button, which will take you to the Amazon help page.
2. Click on the yellow “Contact Us” button on the right hand side of the page.
3. Sign into your Amazon account.
4. Click on the “An order I placed” tab and find the purchase you’re requesting the refund on.
5. Under the “Tell us more about your issue” section, select “Payment issue” from the 1st drop down menu and “Price change on website” from the 2nd.
6. Select how you would like to contact them: email, phone or live chat. I always use live chat because it’s easy and fast.
7. Then simply explain the item you bought dropped in price, and you’d like a refund for the difference.
8. Amazon refunds your money. Wallah!
Like I said, it might not work every time, but it’s certainly worth a shot. Let me know if you ever try it and if it works for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month.