I haven’t had babies in, like, 15 years, but from the time my kids were born, I knew that I was never going to stop needing baby wipes again. Those little suckers are so handy to have around. I use them for everything except cleaning baby bottoms now.
Here’s my 10 favorite uses for baby wipes:
- Removing eye make-up. They are gentle. They are effective. Enough said.
- Cleaning the car. I keep them in my glove box. Whenever the mood strikes, I grab them out and clean the dash, the doors, anyone who might be sitting in the passenger seat, you name it.
- Clean crayon off of pretty much anything. I don’t know what is in baby wipes, but they are seriously awesome at removing crayon.
- Removing stains from clothes. I have dabbed more spills off of my clothes when on the go than I care to admit.
- For a quick dust. Sometimes when I get a call that someone is headed over to my house, I will grab a baby wipe and quickly dust the house.
- Clean the dog’s feet before they come back inside. I haven’t used this one, but it was recently suggested to me. With the rainy weather here in Washington, I plan on just keeping a package of wipes right next to the door to keep Lucy from tracking in mud.
- Wipe down tables at restaurants or grocery carts. I usually have a small pack in my purse, so if we need to grab a table that doesn’t suit my standards or I want to wipe off the cart before shopping, I just grab a wipe.
- Clean chalkboards. My kids don’t really have any chalkboards anymore, but I used clean their chalkboards with baby wipes and they worked awesome.
- Wipe up paint splatters. Whenever I paint anything in my house, I keep wet wipes handy. They are perfect for wiping up drips, and then you can just toss them.
- Use as a shower when camping. They are not as ideal as a full shower, but in a pinch, wet wipes go a long way in freshening up during a week long camping trip.
I can’t even imagine not having at least 5 packages of wet wipes around my house. How about you, do you use them for something other than baby’s bottom?