Last year, I decided to make a list of all of the things I am grateful for. I realized that even though I am super grateful for tons of things in my life, I don’t really stop to think about them enough. So, in the interest of new personal traditions, self-growth, and self-reminded humility, I’ve decided to make a list again this year. Some are the same…I hope they will always be constants in my life. Some are different…it’s crazy what new enlightenments a year brings.
- My family. My family is my world, I am grateful they still put up with me.
- My readers. Why you keep coming back, I will never know, but seriously THANK YOU.
- Lucy. Aw, Lucy. She makes me laugh and she gives me a constant sidekick.
- The rain. You live in Seattle, you have to have a deep appreciation for the rain. I do. It means plenty of water for my garden and my tea.
- Long walks in the rain. This is not cheating, because I already listed rain. It’s totally different. I like drops on my face as I walk. I like the exercise. I like the smell.
- Food in my fridge. There have been years when the fridge has been bare–because I CHOSE the challenge of living on $100 a month. My stomach has never been empty, though.
- Muffins. Muffins are delicious mini-cakes that you can somehow justify eating for breakfast. I, personally, am grateful for everything they stand for.
- Local fruit and veggie stands. Good deals. Good food.
- Washers and dryers. Housework would stink if I had to run all my belongings down a washboard. I like that machines do it for me.
- A roof over my head. I know I totally complain about wanting out of the HOA house, but at the end of the day, I am pretty stoked that I have a roof over my head…snoopervising committee or not.
- Cookbooks. My cookbooks and recipes make me seem more creative than I actually am…really, they get all of the credit.
- Mason jars. For canning, for crafting, for using as tupperware.
- Fall. Fall is the best. The smells, the cold air, the leaves. It’s still mild enough to be outside, but not so hot you melt.
- My enameled cast iron pot. It’s sturdy. It performs year after year. It’s one of those items that investing in quality has totally paid off.
- Sensible shoes. High heels are lame–I ask way too much of my feet to do that to them.
- My UPS man. I work him to death with my Amazon deliveries. Thank you, sir. I am always happy to see you.
- The HH’s job. And the HH for being willing to go to it everyday.
- Central heating. I am cheap, but certainly not crazy. When it gets cold up in here, I LOVE being able to flip on the heat.
- Showers. Warm water. It’s what the good stuff is made of.
- My laptop. It is my connection to you, and it is portable. When you really start to think about it, how cool is that?
- Lazy Sundays. Nothing on the docket–just an entire day of snacking, pj’s, and movies.
- Coupons. While the days of coupon-mania are long gone, I still really appreciate a great coupon, combined with a great sale.
- My garden. This year, last year, next year. I will be thankful to get my hands in the dirt and grow my own food every year.
- The giggles. Like the kind of laugh that only comes a couple of times a year. It brings tears to your eyes and a sore stomach the next day.
- Airplanes. How cool is it that in less than a day, I can be on the other side of the country? P.S. I always picture the pioneers looking down, thinking, “NOT COOL,” every time I board a plane. We have it so easy.
Okay, enough about me…what are YOU thankful for? List your top 5 in the comments…go!