Amberlina’s husband, Mark, is a big meat and potatoes guy. Like that is really all he lives on. He’s still alive, so I guess that’s working for him. Anyway, the other day my mom was gearing up to cook some steaks and she wanted a quick rub to use on them. I texted Amberlina for her husband’s favorite recipe. Here’s what she sent me.
My parents tried it and it got a big thumbs up, especially from my dad. Give it a try and let me know what you think. Also, Zaycon has some tasty Angus ribeyes on sale right now that this rub would taste mighty good on!Print
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander
- Mix all ingredients together. You’ll need about 1/8-1/4 cup of rub for each steak, depending on how flavorful you prefer. You can always rub and then grill immediately, but I think they taste best and you get the best flavor if you let the steaks rest, covered, in the refrigerator overnight or for at least a few hours. Then I always let the meat come to room temperature prior to grilling it. Then it’s up to you on how long you grill. Are you a medium-rare or well-done type? Either way, I think you’ll love this rub!