I love these little ornaments. They are a great way to decorate the bare winter branches outdoors, and the kiddos will love the fact that the birds are there because of them.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tbsp. corn syrup
- 4 cups birdseed
- Christmas themed cookie cutters
- Large cookie sheet
- Cooking spray
- A straw
- Waxed paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, water, gelatin and corn syrup.
- Add birdseed to the mixture and stir in well.
- Line a large cookie sheet with waxed paper. Coat the wax paper and the cookie cutters well with cooking spray.
- Place the cookie cutters on the waxed paper pan and spoon the birdseed mixture into the cookie cutters. Press the mixture down firmly into the cookie cutters.
- Cut the straw into 2” segments. Use the straw to punch a hole into the mixture. Make sure the hole goes all of the way through and leave the straw in the ornament, so that the mixture will dry around the hole. This is where you will tie your ribbon to hang the ornament.
- Leave the molds to dry for 2-3 hours. Then, gently remove the molds and straws.
- Leave the ornaments to cure overnight.
- Tie the ribbon through the hole in the ornaments and you’re done.
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month.