I tore this recipe out of the June issue of Bon Appetit Magazine, and then promptly misplaced it. Yesterday, while
I was the kids were cleaning out the car, they found it for me under the passenger seat. How on earth did that happen? I don’t even remember reading Bon Appetit in the the car.
Anyway, have you tried quinoa yet?
Seriously, once you start cooking with it, you can’t stop. It’s so incredibly addicting. In fact, I’m beginning to think I could live off of the stuff.
So how did the recipe turn out?
Excellent. I had to make a few adjustments based on what I had on hand, and it still turned out awesome.
Here is my version of Quinoa Salad with Cucumbers and MintPrint
- 1 cup quinoa (, rinsed well)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic clove (, minced)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cucumber (, cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (, chopped)
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (, chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (, chopped)
- 1 red onion (, thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Place 1 cup Quinoa and 1 1/2 cups water into a rice cooker and turn the thing on. Once your quinoa has finished cooking let it cool down for about 10 minutes by dumping the quinoa onto a large cookie sheet.
- While to quinoa is cooling, chop the cucumbers, olives, onion, mint, and parsley and place it on the cookie sheet. Add the minced garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and toss until combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.