I am re- posting this strawberry bruschetta recipe tonight because The Girl and I picked a few handfuls of strawberries this afternoon and are planning on making this to go with dinner tonight.
If you have some strawberries on hand, and have not tried this recipe yet, give it a go. It’s delicious!Print
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 6 basil leaves (, sliced thin)
- 1 french baguette (, sliced 1/2″ thick)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- t tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- In a small bowl combine the strawberries and sugar. Toss. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Toast baguette slices in the oven. Cool. Drizzle olive oil over toasted bread. Spoon strawberries over the top. Garnish with basil. Sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar over the top and add a little bit of fresh ground pepper.
Have you ever made your own French bread before? I’m thinking about ordering the book Peter Reinhart’s Artisan Breads Every Day to learn how. Amazon currently has it on sale for $16.30.