Strawberry Streusel Bread
Thanks to all those strawberries we have growing in gutters, berry season arrived a little early for us this year. Now the challenge is to figure out what to do with all of of those juicy berries. Do you have any ideas?
For today’s after school snack I made a batch of strawberry streusel bread. This particular recipe will make 3 small loaves or 18 muffins. It’s perfect to make the night before if you are planning on serving it for breakfast the next day. You know, just in case you want to sleep in.
Keep calm and bake on. 🙂
For some more awesome strawberry recipes, pop on over HERE.Print
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberries (, chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (, melted)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter (, softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 heaping tablespoons quick oats
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl and set aside
- Combine the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla in mixing bowl. Add flour mixture and stir. Carefully fold in chopped strawberries and then pour into small, greased loaf pans.
- To make the streusel topping simply combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and carefully spoon over the top of the bread batter.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
If you are in the market for an awesome mini loaf pan, I use the USA Pans 5-1/2 by 3-Inch Strapped Mini Loaf Pan.