One of my all-time favorite pie recipes is this easy Strawberry Pie. It’s as easy as they come in terms of pie recipes, and that’s just why I love it. So I just knew that I would love my friend JJ’s Red Raspberry Pie recipe because it was equally as simple. I was right. It was freakin awesome. Not that I was surprised. Mama JJ doesn’t mess around in the kitchen. Delicious food is all she knows! Here’s the recipe. I hope you love it as much as I did.Print
- 1 pie crust
- 6 cups red raspberries (, divided)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (, packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and sugar, and set aside. Add 4 cups of the berries and the water into a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Add sugar mixture to the cooking berries and stir constantly until it thickens. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice and the reserved berries. Pour the berry mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Using your fingers or a fork, cut together the topping ingredients until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the mixture over the pie. Bake 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 375 and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
- Cool before serving. Enjoy!