Growing up, The Girl loved the Quaker Strawberries ‘n Cream Instant Oatmeal. I admit it was a super easy breakfast to whip up, and in the height of my couponing days, I could get boxes of the stuff for next to nothing. But as I’ve tried over the last few years to feed my family a little bit healthier, I knew I needed to revamp a better-for-you version of her favorite morning meal.
Not only is this recipe crazy good, it’s made with ingredients I can actually pronounce. There really is something to be said about that!Print
Strawberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (, melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together heavy cream, egg, butter and vanilla. Pour wet mixture over oat mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in 1 cup sliced strawberries. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with remaining strawberries.
Mavis, I tried this recipe this morning and it was soooo good! We had purchased 5 pounds of blueberries yesterday, so I used those instead of the strawberries. My husband really liked it and said we should try it with other fruits, too. Thanks for the post!
Do you think I could use regular milk instead of cream? I just don’t buy cream. Thanks.
Mrs. M says
Can this be baked in a muffin tin to make single servings, refrigerated, and reheated for breakfast on the go? It looks more “creamy” than our recipe for baked oatmeal.
Our daughter loves baked oatmeal and now has a “real” job. She needs breakfast to be quick and easy. 🙂
Mavis Butterfield says
That is a good question! I’m not sure they would be firm enough but if you give it a try please let us know.