Growing up, The Girl loved the Quaker Strawberries ‘n Cream Instant Oatmeal. I admit it was a super easy breakfast to whip up, and in the height of my couponing days, I could get boxes of the stuff for next to nothing. But as I’ve tried over the last few years to feed my family a little bit healthier, I knew I needed to revamp a better-for-you version of her favorite morning meal.
Not only is this recipe crazy good, it’s made with ingredients I can actually pronounce. There really is something to be said about that!Print
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (, melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together heavy cream, egg, butter and vanilla. Pour wet mixture over oat mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in 1 cup sliced strawberries. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with remaining strawberries.