Being flexible when you are away from home in another country is an art we have come to learn many times over on this journey. After boarding our small plane Monday morning at the Glasgow airport for the Isle of Islay, we waited for the weather to clear so we could take off. We were hoping to tour the whiskey distilleries and Wool Mill (they made all the costumes for the Braveheart movie there). Well, 6 hours and a few meal vouchers later they decided to cancel our flight. Nice. So we were stuck in Glasgow with nowhere to go at 3pm. We decided to check into our Edinburgh hotel 2 days early, but to do that we had to take 2 buses and a taxi to get to the hotel. And by the way, being the thrifty folk that we are, we made the boys meet us on the 4th floor so we only had to pay for 1 room. The hotel rooms are odd in Europe and the max. people they allow in one room is 3. But we’ve found a way around that!
It was nice to finally get settled.
We will be here in Edinburgh until Friday when we (hopefully) fly off to Ireland for a week. The kids are having a great time, lot’s of new candy bars, cookies, beverages to try. Plus the husband is catching up on his sleep. Life is good. I’d post some pictures but decided it’s probably better not to upload the 700+ photos we have taken so far on a public computer terminal.
I miss my garden. 🙁
*Thanks to the Hillbillys for taking care of my garden! Save some deer jerky for us!
* On the UK television sets they cuss freely, so we bought the kids some hats with ear flaps today.
* Seriously, I have gained at least 5lbs from all the cookies and cakes. I can’t stop.
* The water is really hot here! No temp. controls.
* It takes 48 hours from start to finish when you wash a pair of jeans in the sink to hang them dry. Note to self: next time pack thinner clothing.
* The people here are EXTREMELY polite and skinny and they dress nice and have really nice hair.
*Seriously, we are having a great time and will check in when we get to Ireland! 🙂
Love you, mean it…Mavis
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month.