Last week I asked the HH to find me a used pallet and bring it home but I didn’t tell him what I was going to use it for. Our 22nd anniversary is right around the corner and since we aren’t really into buying fancy gifts and because I wanted to stay true to my whole no spending money on gifts goal for this year I settled on a wood pallet sign.
If you’re thinking Wow Mavis… that’s so cheap, I bet your husband gets you something really nice every year and all you are giving him is something out of the trash… read this.
Yada yada yada, I think it turned out pretty good! Not only does the sign make a great gift, but we now have something hanging above the mantel so when we go to list the house, it will look like people actually live here. 😉
Want to make a wood pallet sign for yourself? Here’s how I did it.
`1. Get a wood pallet.
2. Remove however many boards you need.
3. Find a quote you like. Find a font you like and enlarge the letters on your computer screen and print them out. Because really, paying $200+ for a stencil machine is so last year.
4. Trace letters onto sanded boards.
5. Paint letters.
6. After the paint dries lightly sand the boards.
7. Using scrap wood and a couple of nails, add 2 supports to the back of the wood pieces.
8. Hang it on the wall and step back and admire your masterpiece.
I don’t know about you…. but I like turning trash into treasure!