Last week I asked the HH to find me a used pallet and bring it home but I didn’t tell him what I was going to use it for. Our 22nd anniversary is right around the corner and since we aren’t really into buying fancy gifts and because I wanted to stay true to my whole no spending money on gifts goal for this year I settled on a wood pallet sign.
If you’re thinking Wow Mavis… that’s so cheap, I bet your husband gets you something really nice every year and all you are giving him is something out of the trash… read this.
Yada yada yada, I think it turned out pretty good! Not only does the sign make a great gift, but we now have something hanging above the mantel so when we go to list the house, it will look like people actually live here. 😉
Want to make a wood pallet sign for yourself? Here’s how I did it.
`1. Get a wood pallet.
2. Remove however many boards you need.
3. Find a quote you like. Find a font you like and enlarge the letters on your computer screen and print them out. Because really, paying $200+ for a stencil machine is so last year.
4. Trace letters onto sanded boards.
5. Paint letters.
6. After the paint dries lightly sand the boards.
7. Using scrap wood and a couple of nails, add 2 supports to the back of the wood pieces.
8. Hang it on the wall and step back and admire your masterpiece.
I don’t know about you…. but I like turning trash into treasure!
This post may contain affiliate links. These affiliate links help support this site. For more information, please see my disclosure policy. Thank you for supporting One Hundred Dollars a Month.