As soon as I spotted this recipe for Indian-Spiced Lentils with Spinach and Rhubarb in Vegetarian Times magazine, I knew I had to make it. Well last night I gathered up some rhubarb and spinach and let me tell you Bob, this stuff was freakin’ delicious.
It was so good I felt like I was sitting in one of those trendy restaurants that only total hipsters go to. Seriously, freakin’ delicious doesn’t even begin to describe it. Hearty? Earthy? I should be wearing corduroys? Hmm. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it was gooooooood!
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 ½ tsp . dried cumin
- 3 tablespoon dried ginger
- 3 cloves garlic (, minced)
- 1 medium onion (, chopped)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup lentils (, rinsed and drained)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups rhubarb
- 6 cups spinach leaves (, chopped)
- ½ cup cilantro (, chopped)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours.
My favorite Crock Pot – Crock-Pot Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Portable Slow Cooker
My Favorite Slow Cooker Cookbook – Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes!