Easy Freezer Meal Meat Loaf Recipe
With fall sports season in full swing, our evenings are sometimes always hectic. Back in July when I picked up my 40 pounds of ground beef, one of the recipes I made was a big batch of this freezer meal meat loaf recipe.
It makes dinner time on crazy nights a piece of cake. I just throw the meatloaf in when we walk in the door and by the time we’ve fed Lucy and tackled homework, there’s a piping hot meal waiting with virtually no work on my part.
Doesn’t get much better than that.
This make ahead, easy freezer meals simple meat loaf recipe is spot on! Plus, it hardly takes any time to make. When I make this recipe as a freezer meal, I tend to quadruple the recipe to get the biggest bang out of my time in the kitchen.
Work smarter not harder. That’s my motto these days.
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage leaves (or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves)
- 1 tsp salt
- .5 tsp ground mustard
- .5 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 egg
- .5 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, diced
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into a large loaf and place in an ungreased 9×5 inch pan. Wrap in saran wrap, then foil, date and then store in the freezer for up to 6 months
- When you are ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for about an hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Links to freezer pans I commonly use:
- Aluminum Foil Pan Containers with Lids 8.5″ x 6″ x 3″
- Aluminum Foil Deep Pans 9″ x 13″
- Round 9 Inch Aluminum Foil Pans with lids
Find More of My Freezer Meal Recipes