Simply in Season Cookbook is one of my favorite cookbooks ever. My dear friend Jane got me hooked on it. It’s packed full of seasonal recipes that use fresh, local ingredients. The book is divided up into chapters by season, so you’ll always have recipes for what you have currently growing in your backyard garden. I use it all the time!
Recently we spotted a BBQ salmon recipe and decided to give it a try. Once again, the recipe was a hit with the whole family. We’ve made BBQ salmon so many times, but everyone agreed this was the only recipe we would be using going forward!Print
Our New Favorite Barbecued Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon fillets cut into serving size pieces
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut into serving size pieces. Place in a baking dish and set aside. Heat all the ingredients together in a saucepan until the butter is melted and salts are dissolved. Let cool.
- Pour sauce over salmon fillets and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Fire up the BBQ. Place a sheet of foil over the grill and place fillets on the grill and cook over a medium flame until done. Baste occasionally with sauce.
Serve with your favorite side of veggies.
This recipe sounds great–but the ingredient list does not contain salmon… How much salmon does this recipe make? I want to try this.
Mary G says
S in S is one of my favorite recipe books, but I’ve not tried this particular recipe. Thanks for pointing it out! It looks great.
Stephanie B says
I made this for dinner tonight. I didn’t want to take time to heat up the grill, so I broiled it. Turned out tasty! Even my 6 year old who usually isn’t a fan of salmon liked it.